Last Updated and Effective: April 11, 2022
Who We Are. For the purposes of applicable data protection laws, Maughmer& Company, Inc. is the controller of the personal data/information you provide to us (“Data Controller”). As a Data Controller, we process the personal information we maintain about you in accordance with this Policy.
Must-Read Sections. We draw your attention in particular to the sections entitled “Legal Basis for Processing,” “International Data Transfer,” and “Information Choices and Changes.”
Changes to This Policy. We reserve the right to update and/or change the terms of this Policy, and as such we will post those change to our Site homepage at https://www.therelentlessfew.com, so that our users and/or visitors are always aware of the type of information we collect, how it will be used, and under what circumstances, if any, we may disclose such information. If at any point in time Maughmer& Company decides to make use of any personally identifiable information on file, in a manner vastly different from that which was stated and consented to when this information was initially collected, the user or users shall be promptly notified by email. Users at that time shall have the option as to whether or not to permit the use of their information in this separate manner.
WHAT WE COLLECT
There’s a range of information we need to collect about you so that we can operate the Site and Services. This information may include:
● Information you choose to share. We may collect your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, credit card or other billing information, as well as other information you directly give us on the Site. This voluntary information may be used when you purchase products or services, to deliver the Services you have requested, and when you use the Services. We will only collect personal information that you knowingly and willingly provide consent for through email correspondence, completed forms, surveys, purchases, and information or content you directly upload to our Services.
● Information automatically collected. As you use our Services, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and usage patterns. For example, when visiting our Site, automatically collected information may include login, email address and account password, third party behavioral analytics, tracking technologies, and server logs. We may also gather information about your computer hardware and/or software. Collected information may include, but may not be limited to your IP address, browser type, domain name, access time and various website addresses. • Cookies.
We may log information using “cookies.” Cookies are small data files stored on your device by a website. We may use both session cookies (used to store data for the session) and persistent cookies (which stay on your device until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on the Site and Services. We explain the specific types of cookies we use and their respective purposes in more detail below.
WHAT WE DO WITH THIS INFORMATION
We use the information we collect in the following ways:
• To assist in the operation of our Site and to ensure delivery and streamlined operation of the Services you need and request. • To maintain and improve our Site and Services.
• To send you promotional communications. These may include emails to inform you of other possible products and/or services that may be available to you on the Site, surveys and/or research questionnaires related to your opinion of current or possible new services that are offered or may be offered, social notifications, or other newsletters depending on your settings. You may opt-out of receiving such information at any time: such marketing emails tell you how to “opt-out.”
• To send you administrative communications. These may include administrative emails, confirmations, technical notices, updates, and security alerts.
• To respond to your comments and questions and provide you with user support.
• To process payments you make throughthe Site or Services.
• To protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity.
HOW WE SHARE THIS INFORMATION
We may share your personal information as follows:
• With third parties you have chosen to share your information with. We may share your personal information with third parties where you have requested it and provided your consent to do so.
● With our contractors, service providers, and other third parties. We work with contractors, service providers and third parties who help us improve and support our Site and Services. We may share your personal information with these third parties so that they can provide services such as data analysis, payment processing, information technology and related infrastructure, email delivery, and other similar services. Our contractors, service providers and other third parties are bound by contractual obligations to keep your personal information confidential and use it only to provide the services we've requested. These contractors, service providers, and third parties may be located outside the European Union. We don’t sell, rent, or lease any of your information to anyone and we never will.
● In connection with a company transaction.We may share your personal information when we do a business deal, or negotiate a business deal, involving the sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets where personal information held by Maughmer& Company about our users is among the assets transferred. These deals can include any merger, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding.
LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING
This section addresses the legal basis for processing your information if you reside outside the United States (within the United States, you typically provide consent when you receive notice of this Policy in a website link). Some processing is addressed in multiple sections because more than one legal basis may apply depending on the circumstances or service. We collect and process your personal information for a variety of purposes outlined in this Policy. In certain cases, separate consent is not required, including:
● For performance of an agreement orcontract.To perform our contractual obligations to you, such as fulfilling orders or purchases you have made (including processing of payment), contacting you in relation to any issues with your purchase and delivery of our Services, where we need to provide your personal information to our service providers, where we need to collect personal information from third parties and when you access third-party products and services, where we collect data from third parties, or to aggregate and centralize data for the performance of our Services.
● To meet legal obligations. To comply with laws, regulations, court orders, or other legal obligations or to assist in an investigation.
● For legitimate interests.To operate our business and provide our Services, other than in performing our contractual obligations to you for Maughmer& Company's "legitimate interests" for the purposes of applicable law – except where overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms that require protection of personal data.
● Through consent.In some cases, we will ask for your consent to process your personal information. You may indicate your consent in a number of ways, including, as permitted by law, ticking a box (or equivalent action) to indicate your consent when (i) providing us with your personal information through our Services or a form; or (ii) registering or creating an account with us.
When we use the term “anonymous data,” we’re referring to data and information that doesn’t permit you to be identified or identifiable, either alone or when combined with any other information available to a third party. We may create anonymous data from the personal data we receive about you and other individuals whose personal data we collect. Anonymous data might include analytics information and information collected by us using cookies. We make personal data into anonymous data by excluding information, such as your name, that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We use this anonymous data to analyze usage patterns in order to make improvements to the Site or Services.
INFORMATION THAT MAY BE VISIBLE TO OTHER USERS
If you have a student profile on the Site or Services, then certain information may be visible to other Relentless Leadership Academy students, including your name, email, time zone, personal bio, photo, membership location, and links to your professional and personal online sites. You can control the information that is visible on the Site or Services by adjusting the information and settings in your studentprofile under “Settings”. We urge you to be very careful when deciding to disclose your personal information, or any other information, on the Site or Services.
We use Kajabi, a third-party application, to provide and manage the Relentless Leadership Academy. To learn more about the information collected by Kajabi, please visit https://kajabi.com/policies/privacy.
We use several types of cookies on the Site and Services:
● Essential/Required Cookies. These cookies are essential to provide you with services available through our Site and Services. These enable the navigation and basic functionality of the Site and Services.
● Functionality Cookies. These cookies are used to remember choices you make when you use the Site and Services. The purpose of these cookies is to provide you with a more personal experience on our Site and Services.
● Analytics and Performance Cookies. These cookies are used to collect information about traffic and how users use the Site and Services. The information is aggregated and anonymous and does not identify any individual visitor. It includes the number of visitors to our site, the pages they visited, and other similar information. We use this information to help operate, maintain, and improve the Site and Services.
● Social Media Cookies. These cookies are used when you share information using a social media sharing button on the site or engage with our content on or through a social network such as Facebook or Twitter. The social network will record that you have done this. You can typically remove and reject cookies from the Site with your browser settings. For step-by-step instructions, please check your browser’s help section. Here are links for popular browsers: Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. If you remove or reject our cookies, it could affect how the Site or Services work for you.
We use Google Analytics, a service which collects information anonymously and reports website trends without identifying individual visitors. Google Analytics uses its own cookie to track visitor interactions. To learn more about the information collected by Google Analytics, please visit https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/.
DO NOT TRACK SIGNALS Currently, various internet browsers (including Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Safari) offer a Do Not Track (DNT) option. This DNT option is usually accessed in your browser’s preferences or settings, and when enabled, sends a signal about your DNT preference to websites you visit with that browser. A DNT standard has not been adopted to this day. Therefore, while Maughmer& Company takes privacy and security very seriously, we do not currently recognize or respond to DNT signals.
INFORMATION CHOICES AND CHANGES
We provide you with the ability to opt-out, access, amend, move, and erase your data.
Opt-out. You can contact us any time to opt-out of (a) email communications, newsletters, or promotional communications, (b) any new processing of your personal information that we may carry out beyond the original purpose, or (c) the transfer of your personal information outside the European Economic Area (EEA). Please note that your use of some of the Site or Services may be ineffective upon opt-out. If you wish to unsubscribe or opt-out from any third party websites, you must go to that specific website to unsubscribe and/or opt-out.
Access. You can access the information we hold about you at any time by contacting us directly.
Amend. You can also contact us to update or correct any inaccuracies in your personal information.
Move. Your personal information is portable — i.e., you have the flexibility to move your data to other service providers as you wish.
Erase and forget. In certain situations, for example when the information we hold about you is no longer relevant or is incorrect, you can request that we erase your data. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us [email protected] In your request, please make clear (a) what personal information is concerned, and (b) which of the above rights you would like to enforce. For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the personal information associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting the change or deletion unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law (for example, for regulatory purposes). When you receive promotional emails from us, you can also unsubscribe or opt-out by clicking the link at the bottom of any of the emails. You can’t opt-out of receiving administrative communications.
INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFER
Your information, including personal data that we collect from you, may be transferred to, stored at, and processed by us and other third parties outside the country in which you reside, including, but not limited to the United States, where data protection and privacy regulations may not offer the same level of protection as in other parts of the world. By using the Site and Services, you agree to this transfer, storing, or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy. We will only process your personal information in accordance with applicable data protection and privacy laws. We need certain personal information in order to provide you with access to the Site and Services. If you do not agree to our use of your personal information in line with this Policy, please do not use the Site or Services.
VISITORS FROM CALIFORNIA
SENSITIVE PERSONAL DATA
Subject to the next paragraph, we ask that you not send us, and you do not disclose, any sensitive personal data (e.g., social security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics, criminal background, or trade union membership) on or through the Site, Services, or otherwise to us. For example, do not send us or insert sensitive personal data in your Relentless Leadership Academy online student profile or any other contact form.
MINORS AND CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
Maughmer& Company is not directed at children under 18. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that their child has provided us with information without their consent, they should contact us at [email protected], and we will delete such information as soon as reasonably practicable.
USER TESTIMONIALS AND FEEDBACK
We often receive testimonials and comments from users who have had positive experiences with our Services, and we occasionally publish them. We obtain the user’s consent prior to posting any feedback on a public area of the Site or Services.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Please note that this Policy does not apply to the practices of companies that we do not own or control or to people that we do not employ or manage. Our Services may provide a link or otherwise provide access to Third Party Sites. We provide these links merely for your convenience. We have no control over, do not review, and are not responsible for Third Party Sites, their content, or any goods or services available through the Third Party Sites. Our Policy does not apply to Third Party Sites, and any data you provide to Third Party Sites, you provide at your own risk. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of any Third Party Sites with that you interact with.
Maughmer& Company shall endeavor to take every precaution to maintain adequate physical, procedural, and technical security with respect to its offices and information storage facilities so as to prevent any loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure or modification of the user’s personal information under our control. Please be advised, however, that we cannot fully eliminate security risks associated with storage and transmission of personal data.
ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
COMMENTS OR QUESTIONS?